The Pahrump Valley Youth Golf Founders Club (PVYGFC) is accepting inquires and applications for the volunteer position of Executive Director of the Pahrump Valley Junior Golf Association (PVJGA). In the past, the PVJGA, with up to 150 yearly members, has conducted weekly tournaments in the summer and monthly tournaments during the school year. Annual clinics providing a basic introduction of golf have been provided for young people of Pahrump. An annual awards program and scholarship presentation was also scheduled during May.
The successful applicant(s) will organize and coordinate the program. Required skills the board is looking for include:
- Find and supervise volunteers to aid with scheduled tournaments and events
- Create and maintain required documentation for membership and event results
- Develop and coordinate an appropriate schedule of events
- Maintain positive relationships with golf course personal, parents and participants (Age 7-18)
- Order and secure awards and other related supplies needed for operation
- Work with local golf course to secure the venue and schedule events
- Utilize computer skills (Word and Excel) for the program and communicate via email as needed and required
The person(s) selected will work under the supervision and report directly to the PVYGFC Board of Directors. The successful applicant should posses a basic knowledge of golf including rules and etiquette and a commitment to the game of golf.
PVJGA was started in 1997 to provide golf opportunities and teach the life long lessons associated with playing the historical game. The program falls under the umbrella of the PVYGFC. PVYGFC was organized in 1987 to promote the beginning of a high school golf program at Pahrump Valley High School and provide scholarships to worthy students involved in that program. It is still doing that today and, addition to providing ongoing financial support to both the high school and junior high programs, as needed and requested. Over the life of the organization approximately $100,000 in scholarships have been awarded. In addition, they have taught the basic fundamentals and the golf etiquette to countless young people. While PVJGA is nearly self-sustaining, additional funds for its operation are provided by PVYGFC and are raised through various fundraisers that the Club conducts. The primary fundraising event is the annual Quarter Auction held in March and, in the past, the 4th of July Inferno Golf Tournament.
Inquires and applications should be submitted to:
Applications should include a letter of interest and resume.